MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Sept. 20: Playground Celebration Picnic
Sept. 24: Kindergarten Information Night
Sept. 30 & Oct. 1: Class Picture Days
Oct. 24: Fall Festival
UPDATES & REMINDERS
1. Kindergarten Info Night: who should come & why.
2. Lunch Bunch: Need a little more “me” time? Here’s how to get it!
3. Playground Celebration: all about our first community event.
4. School Photos: save the dates.
1. Kindergarten Information Night
Join us next Thursday for Kindergarten Information Night!
Who: Parents of Pre-Kindergarten and 3/4’s students, or anyone who would like more information!
Where: Denver Cooperative Preschool
When: Thursday, September 24, 7 – 9 p.m.
What and Why: Join Mary, Janee, Katie and Graham to discuss this important next step after DCP! We will provide a “Road Map to Kindergarten” including important deadlines, options and resources available, as well as questions you should be asking.
Also a reminder that Denver Public School’s (DPS) last information session for Advanced Kindergarten is coming up:
Wednesday, September 23
5 – 6 p.m.
Edison Elementary School
3350 Quitman St., Denver
2. Lunch Bunch
Did you know there’s a great way to extend your child’s DCP day to 4 hours? Give them the gift of extra play and yourself the gift of time.
Lunch Bunch is an extra hour you can add to a morning or afternoon class for children 3 years and older. It runs from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and includes lunch and outdoor play supervised by DCP teachers.
Here’s how it works:
- You pack a lunch.
- Children will meet in the downstairs area around the new lunch tables.
- Children in afternoon programs will be walked to their class.
- Children in morning classes should be picked up by 12:30 p.m. at the back playground gate.
- Lunch Bunch is $10/day.
- Sign your child up in the white binder located outside the office.
- There are still permanent spots left!
- Drop-in slots are also available.
3. Playground Picnic
Please join us on Sunday Sept. 20, 2015 to celebrate and tour our wonderful new outdoor spaces. Come early and be part of the playground plantings, or join us later for food and fun:
- Community planting: 2 – 4 p.m.
All plants will be provided. Please bring gardening gloves and small tools (large holes will be dug by Joubert) if you would like to help with landscaping our new playground. All are welcome – children, adults, etc.
- Picnic: 4 – 6 p.m.
Pack a picnic for your family and a blanket. We will gather to celebrate and play on our beautiful new playgrounds and recognize our community as well as the grant making organizations that helped us get here! Ice cream provided by DCP.
4. School Pictures
DCP will be taking class pictures and offering student portraits with Bloom Photography. The dates are Sept. 30 and Oct. 1. Look for more information soon regarding the specific schedules. In addition, there will be a drop-in time each day for Parent-Tot families interested in having their child’s photo taken (photographers will not be available on Friday).