MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Sept. 20: Playground Celebration Picnic
Sept. 24: Kindergarten Info Night 7 p.m. – A great opportunity to come and chat with our Pre-K teachers and our administrators about Pre-K, Kindergarten readiness, and looking ahead to the transition to Kindergarten! All are welcome!
UPDATES & REMINDERS
1. Playground Celebration: what you need to know.
2. Clean-up Switching: request a switch now if you have a conflict.
3. Social Fundraising: here’s what’s planned for Fall 2015.
4. Whole Foods Bag Credits: change creates change!
5. DCP Class Openings: Space available in Pre-K classes.
1. Playground PicnicPlease join us on Sunday Sept. 20, 2015 to celebrate and tour our wonderful new outdoor spaces. Come early and be part of the playground plantings, or join us later for food and fun:
- Community planting from 2 – 4 p.m.
All plants will be provided. Please bring gardening gloves and small tools (large holes will be dug by Joubert) if you would like to help with landscaping our new playground. All are welcome – children, adults, etc.
- Family Picnic from 4 – 6 p.m.
Pack a picnic for your family and a blanket. We will gather to celebrate and play on our beautiful new playgrounds and recognize our community as well as the grant making organizations that helped us get here! Ice cream provided by DCP.
Look for a paperless post invite coming soon and feel free to spread the word to alumni friends who are welcome to attend and join the celebration.
2. Clean-up Day Switching – If you want to move clean-up days, please email the Indoor Committee (email@example.com) now with your requests.
Also, a reminder that families with more than one child enrolled are required to have one clean up day per child (or two adults on the same day).
For your reference, here is the list of clean-up dates by class:
- Saturday November 7, 2015: AM PreK, M/W AM 2/3, T/Th AM 3/4
- Saturday January 23, 2016: 8:30 PT, M/W PM 2/3, MWF AM 3/4
- Saturday March 19, 2016: 11:00 PT, T/Th AM 2/3, PM PreK
- Saturday, May 21, 2016: T/Th PM 2/3, MWF PM 3/4
3. Social Fundraising
As you heard at last night’s All Parent Meeting, here are two great ways to begin supportingDCP while you shop:
Chinook books are an old-school coupon book coupled with a mobile app to save you money around town while also giving back to DCP.
The books cost $22 (DCP gets half!) and they are available in the office through September. Please consider paying with cash or check as the school is charged 3% in credit card fees per transaction. All book purchasers will be entered into a drawing for a Sweet Action gift card and 2 tickets to the Children’s Museum.
Learn more and check out the amazing deals by clicking here. (HYPERLINK:http://chinookbook.net/whats-
Grocery Card Rewards Program
This is the fundraiser that requires no extra spending! Every time you shop at King Soopers or Safeway you can support DCP by using a special re-loadable gift card. The grocery store will donate 5% each time you reload your card.
Last year our school made over $4,000 from this fundraiser…and that was with only a handful of users!
For those of you who are using your gift cards, thank you and please keep using them! (The cards do not expire unless they have had a zero balance for 90 days.)
Gift cards for both Safeway and King Soopers — with a pre-loaded value of $10 — will be available for purchase in the office all year long.
4. Whole Foods Bag Credits: At the Cherry Creek location, bag credits can be donated toDCP now through September 27. Shop and support our school’s scholarship program!
5. Class Openings at DCP!: We currently have 6 spots available in our Pre-K classes, 1 in the AM class and 5 in the PM class. We may be biased, but we think our Pre-K program is among the best being offered in the city. Please help us out by passing it on – word of mouth, social media, and neighborhood “mom’s boards” are a great way to spread the word about this great opportunity to join the DCP community!
6. Preparing for Denver Kindergarten Information Sessions (not affiliated with DCP) –
Two upcoming sessions!: 9/17/15 and 10/10/15
COST: Individual registration is $40 | Couple Registration is $60 |Child care (ages 2+ is $15 per child)
Please email preparingfordenverkinder