MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Oct. 24: Fall Festival
Oct. 28: DCP Curriculum Night 6-8 p.m.
Oct. 29 & 30: Fall Conferences – NO SCHOOL
UPDATES & REMINDERS
- Fall Festival: help us “treat” the kids, parking, & more.
- Fall Clean-up Day: Nov. 7 reminder for AM PreK, M/W AM 2/3, T/Th AM 3/4s.
- Lunch Bunch Dismissal: please note new pick-up procedure.
- Curriculum Night: what to expect.
- Drum Roll for Duffy Rolls: yes, it’s that time of the year!
- School Pictures are in: how to order/pick-up.
1. Fall Festival Reminders:
- We are looking forward to Saturday’s Fall Festival! The party goes from 10 a.m. to noon, and the day will be packed with games, costume contests, treats, and Halloween festivities!
- Trick or treating with teachers takes place around the block starting at 11:30 a.m. And speaking of treats…
- BOO-Hoo. We’re running low on giveaways for the kids. Can you help? Donations of candy, snacks, and small toys are much appreciated. Please remember, candy must be peanut-free. If you’re short on time, but want to help, we’ll happily accept cash donations and do the shopping for you. All donations can be dropped off until end of day Friday October 23 – Thank you for your support!
- Lastly a note about parking: please do NOT park on 5th Ave. (between Marion and Lafayette).
2. Fall Clean-up Day
A reminder that the November 7 School Clean-up day from 9 a.m. – noon is slated for the following classes: AM PreK, M/W AM 2/3, T/Th AM 3/4s.
One parent must attend the cleaning and you are encouraged to bring your own cleaning gloves.
Any switches will need to be made with another DCP family and communicated email@example.com by Oct 28.
3. Lunch Bunch Dismissal
Lunch Bunch dismissal will be happening from the front playground until further notice. They are completing construction on the back gate and we cannot safely dismiss into the alley. Once the gate has been completed we will dismiss on to the sidewalk on 5th Ave. For now please pick up your children on the front play ground.
4. Curriculum Night
Wednesday, October 28
6 – 8 p.m.
Join us for this BRAND NEW parent education event!
Have you ever wondered why your child is painting with trucks? Or how block play might prepare them for grade school? And why all the play dough?!
Teachers will be on hand to speak about play-based curriculum, what it looks like in their classrooms and specific age-level, and most importantly why our play-based, child-centered educational philosophy provides a wonderful foundation for our children as learners. We encourage all parents to attend and invite you to explore, question, and dig in to the why behind what we do every day at DCP! Experience a “day in the life” of a student both in your child’s classroom as well as other class/age levels.
Curriculum Night will be an adults only event, and no child care will be offered.
5. Duffy Roll Sale
It is Duffyroll time! Everyone should have the order forms and information in their parent pockets. Please sell as many delicious Duffeyrolls as possible from October 19 to November 2. More details to follow.
6. School Pictures
Please look for a flyer in your parent-pocket with your unique access code for the Bloom Schools online gallery. The order deadline for FREE pick-up is Thursday, October 29.