MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Sept. 27: Kindergarten Information Night
Sept. 28th & Sept 29th: Class Picture Days
Oct. 6: 1st Annual Grandparents and Special Friends Day
Oct. 29: Fall Festival
UPDATES & REMINDERS
1. Kindergarten Info Night: who should come & why.
2. Lunch Bunch: Need a little more “me” time? Here’s how to get it!
3. School Photos: save the dates.
4. Grandparents and Special Friends Day save the date
1. Kindergarten Information Night
Join us for Kindergarten Information Night!
- Who: Parents of Pre-Kindergarten and 3/4’s students, or anyone who would like more information!
- Where: Denver Cooperative Preschool
- When: Tuesday, September 27, 7 – 9 p.m.
- What and Why: Join Mary, Janee, Katie and Graham to discuss this important next step after DCP! We will provide a “Road Map to Kindergarten” including important deadlines, options and resources available, as well as questions you should be asking.
2. Lunch Bunch
Did you know there’s a great way to extend your child’s DCP day to 4 hours? Give them the gift of extra play and yourself the gift of time.
Lunch Bunch is an extra hour you can add to a morning or afternoon class for children 3 years and older. It runs from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. and includes lunch and outdoor play supervised by DCP teachers.
Here’s how it works:
- You pack a lunch.
- Children will meet in the downstairs area around the new lunch tables.
- Children in afternoon programs will be walked to their class.
- Children in morning classes should be picked up by 12:30 p.m. at the back playground gate.
- Lunch Bunch is $10/day.
- Sign your child up in the white binder located outside the office.
- There are still permanent spots left for Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays! However due to large demand for Wednesday, those spots are all filled.
- Drop-in slots are also available (except for on Wednesdays)
Please contact Cindy in the office with any questions at 303-777-6867 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. School Pictures
DCP will be taking class pictures and offering student portraits with Bloom Photography. The dates are Sept. 28th and Sept. 29th. Look for more information soon regarding the specific schedules. In addition, there will be a drop-in time each day for Parent-Tot families interested in having their child’s photo taken (photographers will not be available on Friday).
4. Grandparents and Special Friends Day-October 6
DCP is thrilled to celebrate Grandparents & Special Friends Day with an open-house style evening at school. There will be a photo booth, ice cream bar, and teacher led activities for a very memorable evening. Parents are encouraged to drop off grandparents/special friends and children then head to Novo on 6th & Gilpin for a beer, wine or cocktail. Novo will donate 15% back to DCP.
With a new year of school comes a new year of germs. Here are some Tips from the Pre-K class on ways we can keep our community well:
1. HAVE YOUR KIDS WASH HANDS BEFORE ENTERING AND LEAVING CLASSROOM. We will do our best to remind the kids all day while at school, but washing before you enter really helps keep germs out. Make sure to get in between fingers, backs of hands, and around cuticles. Please do this every single time.
2. Adhere to our sickness policy: Kids who have exhibited signs of sickness (vomiting, diarrhea, fever, extreme cough, etc) need to stay out of school for 24hrs after their last exhibited symptom. We know this can be difficult with scheduling, work, etc, but this is what keep us from consistently passing germs around.
3. When you are parent helper, maybe spend a little time wiping heavily played with toys with sanitizer once we go outside to play. This way we may get some germs before they are transferred.
4. If you go to a doctor, get something diagnosed, and feel comfortable sharing what’s going on with your teachers, please do so. This gives us a better idea of what we are dealing with and the best ways to eradicate it.
Also Check out http://www.modernalternativehealth.com/2014/8/22/10-best-ways-keep-kids-healthy-school/ for more tips on how to keep your kids feeling good.