A Great Place for Your Child
Walking through our doors, you’ll know you have entered a special place. Denver Cooperative Preschool’s well equipped, age appropriate classrooms bubble with excitement and fun and are filled with a carefully chosen and thoughtfully arranged collection of open-ended toys, books, puzzles blocks of many shapes and sizes, water and sand tables, dress up clothes and dramatic play equipment. Children are given many opportunities for personal creative expression and artistic exploration. You’ll find children busy digging in sand tables, dressing up in costumes and role-playing, enjoying a story with a teacher or helping parent, building with blocks, creating colorful pieces of art, singing and dancing. Our preschool day incorporates a balance of different experiences: self-initiated and guided; group and individual; active and quiet; fine and gross-motor. DCP is child-centered, and with a low child-to-staff ratio each child receives individual attention, care and a fun introduction to learning at our school.
- Our school has been in existence for over 50 years. Started in 1960 by a group of parents from the discontinued Colorado Women’s College Nursery School. DCP has grown into the school that it is today with the guidance and support of our wonderful families and directors both past and present.
- We are a non-profit, non-denominational school owned by the member families. We offer the community opportunities to participate in parent education programs and volunteer opportunities. There is an active advisory board made up of community members who share our vision of early childhood education. A few of our social events are open to the community as well.
- We received a 4 star Quality Rating! Colorado Shines is a private and publicly financed agency that conducts intensive evaluations of interested programs. It is a voluntary evaluation that looks at five key quality components as part of their criteria. They are: the Learning Environment, Family Partnerships, Training and Education, Adult to Child Ratios and Group Size, and Program Accreditation.
- We are a member of the Denver Preschool Program and can offer our Pre-K families tuition assistance through this program.
- DCP is endorsed as an “Eco-Healthy Child Care Center” by the Children’s Environmental Health Network.
- We offer classroom enrichment by employing several support staff that specialize in the areas of Music and Art. These teachers visit every classroom regularly and at the request of the individual classroom teachers.
- We have a staff of highly trained teachers who all meet the state qualifications and exceed our high standards for care and play-based education. Our staff is well supported through in-house training as well as being given numerous opportunities for continuing education.
- We are proud to be able to offer financial assistance so that families in need can share this unique experience.