The Governing Board at DCP employs a director who administers the total preschool program in cooperation with the board. Our Executive Director is Susan Wartchow. Susan would love to assist you in your search for a preschool. Please contact her with any questions at 303-777-6867 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am thrilled and filled with gratitude to be the newest member of the DCP School Family. It is an honor to be a part of such a tradition-rich preschool and I look forward to contributing to this successful early childhood program.
My passion is developing relationships between members of a school community, mentoring and providing skills to both staff and parents, and cultivating a safe and connected environment which is necessary for the developmental growth in children.
Communication is vital in building relationships and I encourage you to come in during the school year to visit. The more I learn about the school, the more helpful I will be!
I had the pleasure to meet many of you and your children during the summer camps and to see first hand why this school is such a magical place to be.
I wish you well and look forward to the journey we embark upon. Together, we can help mold a future for our children that is filled with curiosity, hope and joy, thereby building a foundation that will carry on into adulthood.
We are proud of the exceptional teachers who are a part of our DCP community. They delight in every discovery the children make and have a deep commitment to each student’s growth and well-being. Our full-time director is here to help families, oversee day-to-day operations, ensure the quality of the program offerings, provide staff development and work closely with the Governing Board of the school to guarantee the highest quality of the program and the longevity of DCP.
With an average of 10 years experience in early childhood education, our teachers are adept at facilitating a developmentally appropriate environment for exploration and play. Their dedication to DCP is exemplified through the longevity of their involvement. DCP supports ongoing training of all staff members by providing educational allowances, in addition to two paid training days a year and monthly staff development meetings.
We love our teachers and the depth of knowledge and experience they bring to our children’s lives every day:
- All lead teachers are Group Leader qualified through the state of Colorado, several are also qualified as Infant/Toddler group leaders
- Five staff members are Director Qualified through the state of Colorado
- All teachers have a degree in ECE or a related field (ranging from Associate’s to Masters levels), or have taken ECE classes. Areas of study include: Human Growth and Development, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Human Services, Elementary Education, Nursing and Business.
- Several staff members hold additional professional credentials or are involved in organizations having to do with the education, health and general well being of children, including: volunteering with CASA (court appointed special advocates for children), Denver Preschool Program volunteer, reading and literacy specialist/tutor, and pediatric nursing.
- There are 151 combined years of experience among the staff
- All staff members receive yearly training and continuing education, including CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions and Medicine Administration. Teachers are given the opportunity to attend both state and national ECE conferences yearly as well.