We are proud of the exceptional teachers who are a part of our DCP community. They delight in every discovery the children make and have a deep commitment to each student’s growth and well-being. Our full-time director is here to help families, oversee day-to-day operations, ensure the quality of the program offerings, provide staff development and work closely with the Governing Board of the school to guarantee the highest quality of the program and the longevity of DCP.
With an average of 10 years experience in early childhood education, our teachers are adept at facilitating a developmentally appropriate environment for exploration and play. Their dedication to DCP is exemplified through the longevity of their involvement. DCP supports ongoing training of all staff members by providing educational allowances, in addition to two paid training days a year and monthly staff development meetings.
We love our teachers and the depth of knowledge and experience they bring to our children’s lives every day:
- All lead teachers are Group Leader qualified through the state of Colorado, several are also qualified as Infant/Toddler group leaders
- All teachers have a degree in ECE or a related field (ranging from Associate’s to Masters levels), or have taken ECE classes. Areas of study include: Human Growth and Development, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Human Services, Elementary Education, Nursing, and Business.
- Several staff members hold additional professional credentials or are involved in organizations having to do with the education, health and general well being of children, including: The Denver Preschool Program, reading and literacy specialist/tutor, and pediatric nursing.
- There are 151 combined years of experience among the staff
- All staff members receive yearly training and continuing education, including CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions, Medicine Administration, and Mandatory Reporter training. Teachers are given the opportunity to attend both state and national ECE conferences yearly as well.
- Ursula Perez, Lead Teacher
- Jade Anderson, Lead Teacher
- Susan Waters, Assistant Teacher (Monday/Wednesday)
- Vikki Goldberg, Assistant Teacher (Tuesday/Thursday)
- Ingrid Shea, Lead Teacher
- Sarah Conklin, Lead Teacher (Monday/Wednesday/Friday)
- Lena Winkler, Lead Teacher (Tuesday/Thursday)
- Kendra Rippe, Assistant Teacher
Art & Music
- Mary Nelson, Executive Director
- Katie Sullivan, Assistant Director
- Jan Price, Office Manager
- Liz Marceau, Floater
- Lena Winkler, Floater