A Great Place for You
Based on the knowledge that parents who are actively involved with their children’s learning experience are rewarded with children who love to learn, the DCP community is founded on and embodied by active participation from all members. Parents enrich the preschool program by lending their special talents and abilities, while finding their own lives enriched by the connections they make with other families and the staff at the school. Whether it is through working on committee projects, assisting in the classroom or just chatting while watching the children play on the playground after class, DCP is a place where lasting friendships are made.
All parents have a variety of opportunities to connect with others in the DCP community through social, educational and other organized events. Some of the fun and enriching activities planned throughout the year for DCP parents may include: class socials, the Fall Festival, the annual auction, Dad’s poker night, Mom’s night out and the all-school picnic.
Being a member of the cooperative means committing to the following:
- Assisting in the classroom on a rotating basis
- Serving on at least one committee or on the Governing Board
- Participating in a classroom clean-up day (one per child per year, with a maximum of two)
- Participating in school fundraising activities
- Participating in the school’s annual auction (or gala) by acquiring requested items and/or making a financial donation
- Attending the all-parent meetings (generally two per year)
- Abiding by the policies and rules as stated in the school’s Handbook